Do you want to make a difference in the lives of immigrants and refugees from across the Commonwealth? Are you passionate about social justice, equity and creating a sense of belonging? Do you want a flexible work schedule with remote work options? Join us!
Our staff of forty bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and to the work they do at the Center. We work – and sometimes play! – as a team. Our generous benefits package includes 15 holidays, 5 sick days, and 20 vacation days. Health benefits, ample parental leave at 100% pay, and a matching 3% of salary contribution to a 403b plan are offered to anyone working 20 hours per week or more. Plus, a flextime work policy, a hybrid-remote work environment, and regular teambuilding and professional development opportunities!
Join us as we promote a society where all are welcomed and valued.
- An experienced ESOL instructor with high emotional Intelligence and excellent interpersonal communication ability?
- Looking for a part time, flexible, hybrid role where you can flex your organizational and time management skills?
- Familiar with remote teaching, or excited to learn?
IF SO, Apply to our ESOL Instructor position! Click here to learn more about this position
Reporting to a 16-member Board of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee an operating budget of $3.3M and guide a dedicated team of 40 to develop and implement a strategic and unifying vision that aligns with Rian’s organizational mission and its goal of being an intentional anti-racist organization. While passionate about improving the experiences of newly arrived immigrant and refugee families, this forward-looking leader will build shared accountability for this work internally and externally, empowering the staff and Rian partners to implement meaningful change while fostering a culture of trust and transparency. This key role requires someone with strong interpersonal, management, communication, and fundraising skills as well as a commitment to growing and diversifying partnerships across the Commonwealth.
Benefits start at just 20 hours per week:
- Health Insurance paid 75% by employer with Deductible Reimbursement
- Access to Vision, Dental, Pet Insurance, and other benefits!
- Full flexibility in work hours and location for most positions
- Compensatory time for exempt employees — Work-life balance is so important here!
- Fifteen paid holidays per year
- Twenty days per year of vacation time, plus five sick days per year
- PFML topped up to 100% of salary for Medical and Family leave related to the birth, adoption, or fostering of a child; all other leaves topped up to 80%
- Access to 403b Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Regular staff development and team building opportunities
- Access to ongoing education and training on topics related to anti-oppression and anti-racism
What are our staff saying about working here?
“Rian’s flextime policy allows me to give my work the time and attention it deserves without ever missing out on time with my son. And best of all, I get to do that work in a collaborative setting, with a team of talented individuals who support one another in striking a healthy work-life balance. “
“At Rian we help people ……. this is what makes our work so special and rewarding …… we help. Helping with Education, immigration legal matters, providing resources & support to those in need, and helping young persons on our Rian J1 visa programs as they lay great foundations for their careers and post-University life. Providing this help on a daily basis, and understanding it’s impact, provides me with a great sense of job satisfaction every day. ”
“I love my job because I am an immigrant… and now the funds that I raise turn into legal services, english classes, therapeutic counseling, and other resources for the immigrant community.“
“Being a mom of two young kids, Rian’s flexible time policy has been extremely helpful. I love that I get to be part of a mission that I am passionate about, do the work that I enjoy, and at the same time not feel guilty about spending time with the kids.”
“I appreciate Rian’s antiracism work efforts in helping to promote a safe and welcoming work environment for all. ”
“After 12 years at Rian Immigrant Center, I still love working with people who are so committed to our mission and am proud of the work we do”
“As a mother, Rian’s flexible policies mean I can be both a present, fully-engaged parent and a passionate advocate for my clients. It’s wonderful to work in a place where I don’t have to choose.”
Please find machine-readable files for all Tufts Health Care plans here